What Is The Creator Economy?
Today’s episode is all about the creator economy and what this means for you. Listening in, you’ll hear about the recent success of platforms such as Cameo, Substack, and Clubhouse and how more and more money is going to the creators themselves. We talk about how being a creator and being an entrepreneur are increasingly becoming the same thing and discuss our fundamental desires to create, the many existing channels through which we can create, and how, by making a small investment of time every day, you can become a successful creator. Be sure to tune in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:16] An introduction to the creator economy.
- [00:23] The recent success of platforms such as Cameo, Substack, and Clubhouse.
- [01:03] How more and more money is going towards the creators themselves.
- [01:20] How the creator is becoming an entrepreneur, and the entrepreneur a creator.
- [02:20] What “creator economy” actually means.
- [02:55] How the system is reversing: Now you build up an audience and then you build up the business.
- [03:08] The growing trust in individuals and the growing distrust in large conglomerates and government.
- [04:00] The four forms of leverage: code, capital, labor, and media
- [04:45] The fundamental human desire to create things.
- [04:50] The things we want to achieve through creating.
- [05:14] The many opportunities currently available for those who want to be creators.
- [05:35] The creation versus consumption ratio.
- [06:06] The time investment required to become a successful creator.
- [06:25] Like and subscribe for more!
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
Connect with Eric Siu: