As a B2B business, attracting an audience to your website to convert them into sales leads is not an easy process, but Madison Logic does it all for you. Madison Logic is an account-based marketing service that helps B2B companies convert their best accounts faster and today we learn more about the firm from its Co-Founder and COO, Vin Turk. Vin opens by explaining how he got the idea to streamline conversions in the B2B space before explaining exactly what it is that Madison Logic does. We move on to discuss how the firm makes its money on both the lead and display side before chatting more about their ideal customers. Vin shares some impressive metrics about growth and ROI, mentioning their unique journey without VC backed capital and how being featured on INC 5000’s list six times back to back made a difference in this respect. We get into exits, spinoffs, and the company’s long term vision next, before drilling down on their customer acquisition model which includes a brilliant strategy to become more vital to current ones. Wrapping up with Vin, we chat about how Madison Logic keeps values consistent in the firm as far as strategy and corporate culture, and hear some amazing tips from him around continuous self-evaluation and reflection, so be sure to tune in!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:40] The story of Vin’s idea to streamline conversions that grew into Madison Logic.
- [02:49] A real example of how Madison Logic connects sellers to buyers in the B2B space.
- [04:58] How Madison Logic partners with news outlets to market to their clients.
- [05:48] Madison Logic’s business model making money on a cost per lead basis.
- [06:36] Ideal clients: enterprise and mid-market B2B technology companies.
- [07:30] Metrics around growth, ROI, employee count, and international offices.
- [08:12] Why being featured on the INC 5000 list six times was beneficial to Madison Logic.
- [09:43] Exits and spinoffs Madison Logic has gone through; its long term play.
- [11:38] Customer acquisition and why ML is focusing on expanding current customers.
- [13:33] ML’s favorite tools for contact discovery, automated outreach, accounts intel, and more.
- [14:32] The size and structure of the sales team at Madison Logic.
- [14:58] How Madison Logic keeps vision and values for corporate culture and strategy aligned.
- [18:15] ‘Not sweating the small stuff’ at Madison Logic by trusting in overall growth.
- [19:42] Book recommendations from Vin and Eric for how to run a better business.
- [20:50] Vin’s favorite business tools and why he loves Slack and Domo.
- [21:25] The best way to get in touch with Vin online and learn more about Madison Logic.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu: