In today’s episode we feature a question from Adam: “How can I get back on the horse and keep myself motivated after a bad week of learning?”
In this episode:
- What does it mean to “fall behind” in your language learning?
- Are your expectations realistic?
- Does it matter if you don’t study for a week?
- Whenever you find yourself getting frustrated, try being kind to yourself
- Whenever you find yourself getting frustrated, try being kinder to yourself.
- You can’t control how much you learn
- Learning is not linear
- Why taking a break can be a good thing
Some specific tactics for staying motivated:
- Make sure you have a schedule and routine
- Do something different, add some variety to your routine
“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
– Winston Churchill
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show: http://iwillteachyoualanguage.com/ask
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Win a copy of my course!
To celebrate the launch of the podcast, I’m giving away 3 free copies of my Language Learning Foundations video course, worth $97 each!
To be in with a chance of winning, simply head over to iTunes, search for the “I Will Teach You A Language Podcast” in the store, and leave me an honest review and rating for the show!
After episode 10 of the podcast, I’ll choose 3 lucky winners from around the world!
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes.
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated, and I read every single one. :)
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!