Discover The Eve Of Your Breath
The more I live my life, the more I recognize that the most important aspect of the practice of yoga is the breath. Every key insight either about me, a specific pose, the way my body functions or even my relationships has come through a growth in the breath.
I remember two distinct times while practicing backbends that they unfolded themselves to me when I FINALLY breathed optimally while working deeper into the postures.
I also remember my first feeling of wholeness as I let go into savasana for the first time, I believe because I released into my breath for the first time.
The breath has particularly played a ginormous part in staying sane after the birth of Mae and becoming a Mama of two, through three pretty powerful experiences with pain and discomfort (during labor, when my sacrum went out 2 weeks after birth and when my impacted wisdom tooth got infected.)
The breath just came to my aid recently, not regarding to pain this time, but anxiety
You can hear how the breath helped me come back from an almost full blow anxiety attack!
Here are a few other things covered and mentioned in this special breathing class episode:
- What I'm doing about my Anusara Yoga Inspired status given the recent goings on.
- The why behind my choice: Courage, Prayer and Action
- One of the most courageous human beings I know, Beth Morey, and the reason this episode is dedicated to her daughter Eve.
- This is Beth's website
- Richard Freeman's Breathing CD
- The video of Mae and I doing some Mother and Infant yoga ♥ This practice is very simple and basic. There is no yoga jargon, and no fancy pants pranayama.
The practice is meant to be the first step you take into the power of your own breath.
This is a breathing practice for beginners
The breathing practice focuses primarily on cultivating your own natural breath, by discovering it's movement within your body.
If you feel like you are anxious, fearful, disconnected, or tired, give this practice a go.
If you are someone that has never done any kind of breath practice or have never paid attention to your breath and how it affects your health, this is the practice for you!
Go ahead, practice! You won't regret it. (THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE THE APP, YOU WILL GET AN MP3 OF ONLY THE 20 MIN CLASS WITHOUT THE INTRODUCTIONS AS WELL!)
- There is a 9 min introduction to the episode as well as news and sponsors
- There is a 5 minute intro to the breathing practice itself
- There is a 20 minute breathing practice
I would simply adore to hear how this practice works for you!
Wanna know specific reasons of my choice regarding my affiliation with Anusara ™yoga, please feel free to email me and I'll break it down for you in a more private way :)