You want to crush it in real estate investing. But you also want fun, adventure, and time for yourself and your loved ones. Can you have both? Our guest today says, “YES!”
Jesse Itzler is a serial entrepreneur who’s worn a lot of hats: rapper, founder of a private jet company (sold to Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway), partner in a coconut water venture (sold to Coca-Cola), ultra-marathoner, and part-owner of the Atlanta Hawks.
Jesse shares his plan for 4x-ing your productivity, what he learned from living with a Navy SEAL (and writing a book about it!), and why investors must learn to “fall in love with the process,” rather than the product. You’ll learn his trick for scheduling memorable experiences and why you should develop your own “happiness meter.”
Oh, and stick around to hear Jesse’s hilarious story about performing in front of 600,000 people—and forgetting the words. This show is packed with wise counsel for anyone who is or wants to be a hard-charging entrepreneur, but also craves more balance and bliss. Download this episode, and share it with a friend or family member who would enjoy it! When you do, tag us on Twitter (@jrdorkin, @brandtonatBP, @biggerpockets) or Instagram (@jrdorkin, @beardybrandon, @biggerpockets)! In This Episode We Cover:
Links from the Show
- Jesse Itzler's backstory
- The moment of the most happiness -41 bucks story!
- How to measure happiness with the "Happiness Meter"
- The "3-Hour Rule"
- What Kevin's Rule is and why you should create "moments"
- Advice for making the most of life
- Why you should think through: What do I want to be known for in the next 5 years?
- How to reach out to people who you aspire to meet
- His advice on growing multiple business
- A way to redefine failure
- The Misogi
- And SO much more!